Recipe: Tasty spicy shrimp and grits
spicy shrimp and grits. All Reviews for Spicy Shrimp and Grits. Spicy Shrimp and Grits. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. All Reviews for Spicy Shrimp and Grits.
Stir in grits, pepper flakes, and pepper sauce over low heat. Plate grits in a shallow bowls with shrimp mixture over the top. Today we are making my favorite dish – Shrimp & Grits. You can cook spicy shrimp and grits using 21 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of spicy shrimp and grits
- It’s of Grits.
- Prepare 2 cups of light cream.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of yellow corn grits, uncooked.
- It’s of Shrimp.
- It’s 1 medium of red pepper, julienned.
- It’s 1 medium of yellow pepper, julienned.
- Prepare 2 medium of shallots, sliced.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic, sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of smoked sausage, diced.
- It’s 6 slice of bacon, uncooked, chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 lb of shrimp, deveined, shelled.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of chili paste.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of white wine.
- You need of Garnish.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of flat parsley, chopped.
- You need 2 stick of scallions, sliced.
I can eat Shrimp and Grits any time day or night. I don't remember when I first met this dish, but we'. Shrimp and grits is a traditional dish in the Lowcountry of the coastal Carolinas and Georgia. It is a traditional breakfast dish, though many consider it more of a lunch or supper dish.
spicy shrimp and grits instructions
- Cook sausage in water on medium high heat in a sautee pan, covered. Once the water is evaporated, remove cover and brown for 2 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside..
- In same pan add bacon. Cook until all bacon fat is rendered. Remove bacon from pan and set aside. Keep grease in pan..
- Add peppers, shallots and garlic. Sautee for a few minutes. Add seasonings and chili paste. Cook another minute..
- Add shrimp and cook until they turn pink. About 2 minutes. Add wine and then deglaze. Add sausage and bacon back to pan. Cook for another minute or two..
- Meanwhile, bring water and cream to a boil. Add salt and stir in grits. Cover and turn heat down to low. Cook grits for about five minutes or until done. Perhaps stir once in between the time to prevent lumps..
- Serve the shrimp on top of the grits with the garnish on the very top. Enjoy!.
Elsewhere, grits are accompanied by fried catfish or salmon croquettes. Bring water and milk to boil in large saucepan. Which grits to use for a shrimp and grits casserole: For this recipe, use the type of grits you're most comfortable with. If using stone-ground grits, cook them separately first, then add the vegetable combination and the remaining ingredients. It was not too spicy but was very flavorful.