How to Cook Delicious Chicken Jambalaya
You can cook Chicken Jambalaya using 22 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Jambalaya
- You need 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 1 of small onion diced ¼ inch (about 1/2 cup a little extra is great:).
- Prepare 1/2 of each red bell pepper diced ¼ inch.
- It’s 1/2 of each green bell pepper diced ¼ inch.
- Prepare 1 of ribs celery, diced ¼ inch.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic, chopped fine.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf -remove at the end.
- Prepare 14.5 ounce of can diced tomatoes (use the juice).
- It’s 2 of cups+ chicken broth or stock (you might add additional if needed).
- It’s 1 cup of long-grain rice.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of oregano.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoons of thyme.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s 1 1/2 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 5 tablespoon of Crystal hot sauce.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of tomato paste.
- You need 1 teaspoon of paprika.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 16 ounces of Chicken – cooked diced.
- Prepare 6 ounces of Andouille sausage slice ¼ inch (smoked spicy Cajun sausage).
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoons of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Parsley chopped- add in the last 2 minutes before service.
Chicken Jambalaya instructions
- Heat butter in a large 5 qt sauce pan or Dutch oven Add onion, red and green bell pepper, celery, and garlic. Saute over medium heat until onion is tender, about 10 minutes. (trying not to brown).
- Add everything except the parsley Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minute, or until rice is cooked. Stir as needed so as not to burn..
- Note you can add more Chicken broth if needed..
- Adjust seasoning as needed. Add chopped parsley in the last 2 minutes before service Remove the bay-leaf.