Recipe: Perfect Cute Party Hors d'Oeuvres With Petit Choux Pastry Puffs
Cute Party Hors d'Oeuvres With Petit Choux Pastry Puffs. Sievers creates two delicious puff pastry hors d'oeuvres for his. Discover hors d'oeuvres and hot appetizers that will be perfect your next party or holiday feast. Serve this communal hors d'oeuvre with warm slices of baguette or country bread.
Baking in cupcake or mini cupcake pans makes for the cutest party food! Heirloom tomatoes are a show-stopping edible centerpiece when layered atop a buttery puff pastry tart. Used in conjunction with the Puff Pastry Dough recipe from this episode. You can cook Cute Party Hors d'Oeuvres With Petit Choux Pastry Puffs using 23 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cute Party Hors d'Oeuvres With Petit Choux Pastry Puffs
- It’s of As reference ♡ (4 types of fillings).
- You need 3 of ✩Egg (Medium).
- It’s 6 of ✩Shrimp.
- It’s 3 tbsp of ✩Mayonnaise.
- It’s 1 of ✩Salt and pepper.
- You need 4 slice of ★Smoked salmon.
- Prepare 6 of to 8 tablespoons ★Cream cheese.
- It’s 1 of ★Black pepper.
- You need 4 slice of ○Cured ham.
- Prepare 3 of ○Cherry tomatoes.
- It’s 1/2 of ○Cucumber.
- You need 1 tbsp of ○Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of ○Herb salt.
- Prepare 1/2 of ●Avocado.
- You need 4 stick of ●Imitation crab sticks.
- You need 2 tbsp of ●Mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1 of ●Salt and pepper.
- You need of For the choux pastry (or use your favorite recipe):.
- You need 75 ml of Water.
- It’s 35 grams of Baking margarine.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 50 grams of Cake flour (sifted).
- You need 2 of Eggs (medium).
Hors d'oeuvres are a must for any cocktail party, but it's no fun to slave over tiny finger foods. Don't wait until the main course to impress your guests! These delicious recipes are guaranteed to get the party started. This earthy vegetable meets its delicious match in the form of buttery-good puff pastry — turning an iconic side into an easy appetizer.
Cute Party Hors d'Oeuvres With Petit Choux Pastry Puffs instructions
- Sift the cake flour. Preheat the oven to 200°C (392 F)..
- Put the water, margarine and salt in a pan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, and let the liquid emulsify..
- Turn the heat off, and add all the sifted cake flour at once while mixing rapidly with a wooden spatula. Knead the dough well with the spatula..
- Heat the pan again while kneading the dough with the spatula. When the pastry comes together in one mass, and the pan is coated with a thin film, turn the heat off. *Don't stop mixing while the pastry is cooking!.
- Beat the eggs well, and add 1/4 of it to the pan. Mix rapidly. Add the rest of the beaten egg in 3 batches. Add the last batch a little at a time..
- When some of the pastry dripped from the spatula forms a thick triangle shape as shown here, stop adding any more egg..
- I had about this much beaten egg left over this time. This will be used later so keep it in reserve..
- Fit a 1 cm round tip on a piping bag, and put the pastry in the bag..
- Pipe out 2 cm diameter dollops of the pastry 2 cm apart on a lined baking tray. Brush with the leftover beaten egg..
- Bake in a 200°C (392 F) oven for 15 minutes. Lower the temperature to 160°C (320 F) and bake for another 10 minutes. Leave the puffs in the oven for 5 minutes after they are baked..
- Take them out of the oven, and leave them on the baking tray to cool. They will have puffed up to about 4 cm. When they are cool, cut them about 1/3 of the way from the top..
- The ☆ filling: Boil the egg and shrimp. Chop the egg finely and cut the shrimp into 1cm pieces. Mix together with mayonnaise and salt and pepper..
- The ★ filling: Cut the smoked salmon slices in half. Top each piece with 1 tablespoon of cream cheese. Fold the smoked salmon over and sprinkle with black pepper..
- The ○ filling: Cut the cured ham into 2-3cm pieces. Cut the tomatoes into quarters. Cut the cucumber into 5mm dice. Mix them all with olive oil and herb salt..
- The ● filling: Cut the crabsticks into 1cm pieces. Cut the avocado into 1cm dice. Combine with mayonnaise and salt and pepper..
- Potato salad should work as a nice filling too. Try a delicious paté as a filling too, and have fun!.
Our easy yet impressive hors d'oeurvre recipes will make any get Here's the perfect special occasion recipe – choux pastry filled with foie gras mousse and black This easy recipe for buttery puff pastry with an earthy mixture of wild mushrooms is a party-perfect canape. Frozen puff pastry is one of our favorite entertaining shortcuts, and this hors d'oeuvre uses it flawlessly. For the Savory Zucchini Puff Pastry Tarts recipe, click here. Sriracha Deviled Eggs With Candied Bacon. When it comes to iconic yet quick and easy hors d'oeuvre, nothing tops the deviled.