Recipe: Delicious Nation Clam Chowder
Nation Clam Chowder.
You can cook Nation Clam Chowder using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Nation Clam Chowder
- You need 1 can of whole clams in clam juice.
- It’s 1 can of Chopped clams, in clam juice.
- Prepare 4 of Strips of regular smoked bacon, sliced into squares.
- Prepare 1 small of red potato, diced.
- It’s 1 small of white onion, diced finely.
- It’s 3 of Celery stalks, chopped thin.
- It’s 4 of Green onions, chopped (white and green parts).
- Prepare 1 can of Cream of potato soup.
- It’s 1 can of Cream of mushroom soup.
- Prepare 1 small of package of heavy cream (you will probably only use 3/4ths of it).
- Prepare 1/2 of Lemon, squeezed for the juice.
- Prepare 1 dash of Salt, pepper, paprika.
Nation Clam Chowder step by step
- In a large non-stick pan, over medium/medium high heat add the bacon and cook until crunchy, set aside on a paper towel to soak up excess oil.
- Using the bacon oil in the pan, add the diced red potatoes and celery, cook until softened stirring occasionally.
- Add the chopped white onion and green onions to the pot and sautee until softened (you might need to add some butter to the pan if the oil is all soaked up).
- Add the juice (not the clams) of BOTH cans of the whole and chopped clams, and bring the onions and potatoes to a boil.
- Add all your seasoning, and squeeze 1/2 the lemon in. Cook until the potatoes are fully cooked through, stirring occasionally (most of the clam juice will soak up).
- Add the cans of cream of celery and mushroom, and stir all ingredients together well (add a couple dashes of hot sauce if desired).
- Slowly add the heavy cream, a little at a time and stir each time until desired consistency is reached. I usually use 3/4ths of the carton.
- Turn heat down to medium low.
- Re-incorporate the cooked bacon, and add both cans of clams into chowder and stir.
- On low heat, let the chowder set for five minutes for the flavors to mix..
- Serve and enjoy!! Garnish with chopped green onions if desired ;).