Recipe: Perfect Boeuf Bourguignon
You can have Boeuf Bourguignon using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Boeuf Bourguignon
- Prepare 1 large of Tomato.
- You need 1 large of onion.
- Prepare 6 stalks of parsley.
- You need 6 stalks of thyme.
- It’s 5 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 6 of cloves.
- You need 4 cubes of beef bouillon.
- It’s 2 large of carrots.
- Prepare 14 oz of beef cubes (beef tenderloin or fillet – usually 200g per persons – I usually make a little extra, since it stays good in the fridge for up to 4 days).
- You need 1 1/2 liter of Burgundy wine.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need of pepper.
Boeuf Bourguignon instructions
- Marinate beef in 750ml of wine for 24 hours / leave in fridge.
- Finely chop tomato. Slice carrot lengthwise and cut into thirds. Slice onion in half and insert the cloves into the onion.
- Remove beef cubes from marinade and blot dry with paper towels..
- Fry beef cubes in a pot around 5-10 minutes (high heat, with a bit of olive oil).
- Remove beef from pot and fully coat with flour..
- Put beef with leftover marinade wine in a clean pot along with the above chopped veggies, as well as the parsley, thyme, bay leaves, remaining 750ml of wine, beef bouillion, salt, pepper.
- Slow cook on extremely low heat for 3 hours (2 is possible as well, but beef turns out softer after 3 hours).